Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The thing to do in Tucson Arizona


Yesterday was a day of service. I along with several nursing students went to The 35th National Spina Bifida Association Conference will be held in Tucson, Arizona. We got clinical experience with some of the children who needed reminders to go potty, and help them via catheters to empty their bladders.

http://conference.spinabifidaassociation.org/site/c.pkI1L7MLJrE/b.3674515/

As a nursing students, pretty much we were the nurses station. Our office, the restroom. I guess you gotta start some where. I had a great time with Kim, Kim Medina, Jennifer, Carmen and Jackie; even better was the high energy dance from 7:30-10:00pm. I like to see people enjoying themselves and there was a lot of fun to be had.

What was really neat, I think was the community volunteers that were with the kids, helping them enjoy the Lazy River, Yoga, Service Animal Demo, Bocce Ball, arts and crafts, etc.

http://www.volunteersolutions.org/vctucson/org/opp/10283593392-detailed.html


With all the reading and school stuff, I lose sight of the world around me sometimes.

No comments: